Saturday, July 3, 2021

The 3rd wave of Covid-19 and a patent.

 

3rd May 2021

THE SECOND WAVE

I am ecstatic. Kimberly Bashaw phoned from Chicago to tell me that she has read my CNM book and finds that we have a lot in common. Kimberly hosts the CNM Facebook site and is a force to be reckoned with in the USA. She has referred my book to the Mayo Clinic

3rd July2021

My how time flies when you are busy. And I have been busy.

Covid-19 initially eased up, but the 3rd wave struck mid-June and we have been in stage 4 lockdown since 28th June. All restaurants, taverns are shut. They can supply takeaways only. Bottle stores are totally shut. Provincial borders are closed, public meetings, such as church services, movies, clubs etc. are banned.  The government is trying not to shut industry and business down but many government departments, libraries etc. are shut.  Yesterday over 24270 people were diagnosed and over 303 died of covid-19. This thing is serious.

I was inoculated with the Pfizer vaccine on the 27th of May. I get the 2nd booster on the 8th of July, 6 weeks later. I did not suffer any side effects, but Audrey complained of a sore arm for over 2 weeks after the jab. This jab will not stop you from catching the virus but the symptoms will be less they say.

SA has recorded 2.2 million cases since 28th March 2019, 1.77m have recovered fully, 61332 have died. Worldwide 183 million have been diagnosed and 3.97 million have died. This is bad.

Bill, my brother had a motor accident on the 9th of June and has been in hospital since. He has concussion and now stage 4 lung cancer. The prognosis is not good.

I recently scrapped the idea of writing and publishing a 3rd book and took out a patent for a “Back-saver” chair instead. The patent application was submitted to CIPC, the patent office last week. I will say more once the patent has been granted and registered.

I continue to write articles for USCAA, the July offering entitled, “Famous artists and their mothers”

Almost every artist that you look up has had a stab at painting their mother. Whistler is most famous for the side on view of his mother but there are many more. A lovely subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment

MY BIRTHDAY, MY PATENT, MY CHILDREN COMING HOME AND THE 4TH WAVE.

  When a writer can only find time to write his blog every four months then he begins to understand that he is slowing down with age. And so...