Friday, October 30, 2020

MY FRIENDS MUST BE VERY POOR

 30th OCTOBER 2020

I now think that my friends must be very poor, or they are just not interested in my story, or they cannot read. There must be a reason that I don't know off yet. I hope I find out one day. I say this because the article in the South Coast Sun was a resounding success. Everyone in Toti that I have met since it appeared on Thursday 15th October has commented on it and wished me well, but I have only sold one miserable copy. Only one to a dear, 83-year-old friend of mine, Rosemary Dickens. I find it astonishing that more copies have not been sold. What must I do to get people to part with their money, The only method that has worked so far is to confront the people face to face. Then they cannot run and generally buy. One has taken the book and promised to pay me later. I hope later arrives soon.

I have given a few copies away, One was to my domestic, Doreen Gubese. She offered to buy a copy of The Promised Bridge so I gave it to her. She didn't ask for Living with CNM but I gave her one anyway. I know I don't pay her enough to make her buy a copy. A bit risky maybe, but she has been with us for 8 years and watched me go from walking quite strongly to sitting in a chair permanently. Maybe she deserves to know why. It is also good that she at least likes reading. Nery our missionary bought one, but has not paid for it yet. 4 books were sold into the complex. I still need to ship a whole bunch of books around the country. Next week maybe.

My 70th birthday is coming up on the 14th of November. Audrey has decided that it is a milestone that must be celebrated, so she is arranging a party at The Garden of Eden, or Evil, as some would like to call it. A small, simple affair with 26 odd friends. Or so I thought. One of the invitees is Val Hazel. I forgot that her birthday is on the 13th of November. On hearing my plans she immediately proposed that we have a joint party, She wants to invite 6 or 8 of her closes friends. That's great. Now we are looking at a party of some 32 or more. You just cannot keep a good party small it seems.

My cellulitis is still with me. After 10 days of injections in the bum every day and oral antibiotics twice a day, it seems to be almost healed, but not quite. Technology has moved on though and there is now an antibiotic, antibacterial called Purbac that can be taken for three solid months. If that doesn't kill the bug then nothing will, or I will have to go to the hospital. I do not want to go to hospital. There are too many stories told of people going to the hospital, only to catch Covid-19 or worse, and then dying. That is not for me. The general perception of hospitals is that they are no longer viewed as the Safe Havens that they once were. I am getting so desperate that I am now trying Colloidal Silver, 20 ml by mouth a day and a topical rubdown of the affected area every morning. It has been 8 days now and no miracle cure has happened. Silver is a very effective antibacterial, but streptococcus is not on the list it seems. I am now on 3 months of antibiotics as well as anti-inflammatories. Please pray for me.

More next time.


















No comments:

Post a Comment

MY BIRTHDAY, MY PATENT, MY CHILDREN COMING HOME AND THE 4TH WAVE.

  When a writer can only find time to write his blog every four months then he begins to understand that he is slowing down with age. And so...