Saturday, December 5, 2020

Still dodging the Covid bullet

 5th December 2020

We are at last getting to the end of this very bad year. May it never return.

Nothing much has changed on the home front. My cellulitis is still with me after 66 days of antibiotics. I can take them for 3 months so I will stick at it. My leg is a bit softer and the inflammation is minimal. Almost healed, but not quite. I still have 24 days of tablets. 29th Dec is D-Day.

We had a smashing party on the 14th Nov. Some 38 people present. Everyone apparently enjoyed the day and I sold 2 books. What a let down. They just will not buy.

I have recently contacted many of my old Shell colleagues, including Ian Howse my old MD  who promised to buy, as well as Reg Hoddinott, Corney de Villiers and Alan Wills. Many of my old bowling pals via WhatsApp and e-mail but no sales as yet. I gave a free copy of each to Mandy Sargent. Ruon van Zyl is still on top of the world, Sherwood bowling club is still going, mainly as a party, wedding venue, but the greens are still in use. Poor Merry Meredith, Kim's mum had got dementia and hardly remembers me. My cousin Lorraine Fourie bought a copy of each and some unknown bought a copy of The Bridge. Only 3 sales from Malherbe. Pathetic. 

I bought 30 copies of CNM and have sold or given away 23 so far. The rest won't last long. I want to stock the local libraries. I will start with Galleria on Tuesday 8th Dec. 

I saw a posting by Dynacure regarding their Dyn101 trials. They are aiming for full completion around 22nd April 2022. There are many imponderables. Will they start world wide trials earlier than this date? Will more trials even be necessary? Will they go to full sales after this date? I don't know but we at least have a target date now. 

I hope I survive that long. I struggle terribly to breath when it gets hot. That means above 24 degrees C, especially at night. I manage well at 18 deg c. At 20 I need the Astavent pump, at 24 night time temp I die. Very bad. The humidity also plays a part. It is now the rainy season and the high temps have not hit us yet. I hope to survive this summer. Summer 2021 will be a major challenge. Then who knows. Possibly a miracle cure. 







 

No comments:

Post a Comment

MY BIRTHDAY, MY PATENT, MY CHILDREN COMING HOME AND THE 4TH WAVE.

  When a writer can only find time to write his blog every four months then he begins to understand that he is slowing down with age. And so...